- The UNSCN Members
- Second International Conference on Nutrition (ICN2)
- SUN Scaling Up Nutrition Movement
- UN System Network for SUN
- Nutrition & NCD
- Nutrition & Climate change
- Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
- Annual Sessions & Meetings
- Food & Nutrition
- Harmonized Training Package
- UNSCN Working Groups
- UNSCN Task Forces
How to use the HTP modulesHosted on the SCN website
Who is the HTP for?
The HTP is a primarily a resource for trainers in the NiE sector and it can be used by individuals to increase their technical knowledge of the sector. It is designed to provide trainers from any implementing agency or academic institution with information from which to design and implement a training course according to the specific needs of the target audience, the length of time available for training and according to the training objectives. It can be used as stand-alone modules or as combined modules depending on the training needs.
What the HTP is not
The HTP is not a ready-to-use training course. It cannot be used as an ‘off the shelf' package; rather, it should be used as a resource package during a process of course development by experienced trainers.
How is the HTP organised?
Each module contains 5 parts which have a specific purpose as follows:
Acknowledgements - provides an overview of the reviewers who participated to ensure the quality of the modules.
The Fact Sheet - provides an overview of the module's topic and is designed for non-technical people to obtain a quick overview of the subject area.
The Technical Notes - for trainers and trainees, provides detailed technical guidance on current policies and practice.
The Trainers Guide - aims to help trainers develop a training course and provides tips and tools which can be adapted to the specific training context. Some modules contain visuals in this part.
Resources - lists of relevant available resources (including training materials) for the specific technical area. These resources are being made available in the Nutrition in Emergency Repository.
Availability of HTP Version 2.0 (2011)
All modules below are available in Version 2.0. This version is currently displayed in English.
Download the HTP modules
Glossary of HTP modules
Section 1: Introduction and concepts
1. Introduction to nutrition in emergencies
2. The humanitarian system: roles, responsibilities and coordination
3. Understanding malnutrition
4. Micronutrient malnutrition
5. Causes of malnutrition
Section 2: Nutrition needs assessment and analysis
6. Measuring malnutrition: individual assessment
7. Measuring malnutrition: population assessment
8. Health assessment and the link with nutrition
9. Food security assessment and the link with nutrition
10. Nutrition information and surveillance systems
Section 3: Interventions to prevent and treat malnutrition
11. General food distribution
12. Management of moderate acute malnutrition
13. Management of severe acute malnutrition
14. Micronutrient interventions
15. Priority health interventions that impact nutrition status in emergencies
16. Livelihood interventions
17. Infant and young child feeding
18. HIV and AIDS nutrition
19. Working with communities in emergencies
Section 4: Monitoring, evaluation and accountability
20. Monitoring and evaluation
21. Humanitarian standards and accountability
22. Coming soon
23. Nutrition of older people in emergencies
As Version 2 modules become available, they will substitute the Version 1 (2008) links above and will be marked by 'New! Version 2, 2011'. All modules will eventually be replaced by this newer version. Version 2.0 is currently available in English.
Tweets de @UNSCN